Systems Security Engineer
Reports To VP Systems Engineering, and Compliance
The System Security Engineer is responsible for the system and application engineering, implementation, and maintenance for USAN’s cyber security controls.
Concurrently, Systems Security Engineer will work with the Dev Ops team to provide support for USAN’s Sec Ops efforts which include both private cloud and public cloud Sec Ops implementation.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with Dev Ops technologies such as orchestration, scripting, CI/CD, etc. and exposure to cloud architecture such as AWS and Google.
Experience in security automation through orchestration and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform is desired.
• Provide engineering support to maintain, update, and improve on existing data center (private cloud) information security controls as required (example IDS engineering, FIM engineering, Log management, etc.)
• Build and deploy Windows and Linux virtual machines to support information security systems
• Configure and maintain information security appliances (ex. Proxy appliance, FIM administrative Console, IDS administrative console, etc.)
• Work with VP of Information Security and the Sr. Cloud Architect to integrate Sec-Ops into Dev-Ops • Develop automation scripts to pipeline security controls in a Dev Ops environment.
• All additional duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
4-Year Degree in Computer Science or related 4-year engineering/technical degree.